Health & Safety
Important Health & Safety Information
Users of heart pace makers should avoid being near magnets. If a neodymium magnet is placed within 30mm of a heart pacemaker - it will stop working!
Manufacturers of products that incorporate these magnets should seriously consider how they communicate this hazard to their customers.
- Modern Permanent Magnets can attract steel objects or other magnets from large distances and cause trapping injuries. Place non ferrous (wood / polystyrene / plastic / aluminium) parts between magnets and any steel or other magnet to prevent this hazard
- Strong magnets, especially neodymium magnets should not be given to children
- Many Magnets are brittle and may shatter if they are allowed to 'jump' together or they jump onto a steel surface. Always wear eye protection if this is likely to happen
- Strong Magnets may affect or interfere with sensitive electronic instruments. Always keep magnets at least 100mm from such devices
- Magnets can destroy information stored on magnetic media such as credit cards, floppy discs and computer hard drives. Keep them at least 50mm away
- Analogue watches, televisions and computer monitors can be permanently damaged by placing magnets near them
- Do not use magnets in explosive atmospheres
- Do not use magnets if you are pregnant
- Do not use magnets if have an insulin pump
- e-Magnets UK recommends that our products are kept out of the reach of children