What is PPAP?
PPAP is an acronym for Production Part Approval Process
It is used in the Automotive Industry supply chain to establish confidence in component suppliers and their production processes.
The PPAP package is a series of documents which are formally approved by the supplier and customer.
The form that summarizes this package is called a PSW(Part Submission Warrant).
The PPAP package is closely related to the Advanced Product Quality Planning Process(APQP) used during the design and development of new vehicles to reduce the risk of unexpected failure.
Below is a list of all 18 elements of the PPAP:
- Design Records
- Authorized Engineering Change Documents
- Engineering Approval
- Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Process Flow diagram
- Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Control Plan
- Measurement System Analysis Studies
- Dimensional Results
- Records of Material/Performance Tests
- Initial Process Studies
- Qualified Laboratory Documentation
- Appearance Approval Report
- Sample Production Parts
- Master Sample
- Checking Aids
- Customer Specific Requirements
- Part Submission Warrant